Every school day, MLWGS provides the meals students need in order to learn. Please fill out this form, which is NOT a free lunch application. Rather, it will be used in partnership with the student's home school division to receive free lunch services and to determine eligibility for other financial support services offered by MLWGS.
Our food services operation is supported entirely by the sale of food items. This system allows students to select from a wide array of choice. Food items are priced individually and the total cost of a student meal depends on the items selected. Menus are available online.
If you are interested in receiving free lunch service, complete the forms attached to this letter and return it to the school as soon as possible. Information you provide will be treated confidentially and will be used only for verification of data. You will be notified by the Assistant Director if your MLWGS student is approved for the meal credit. Contact the Assistant Director (804) 354-6800 x2110 if you have any questions.
Indicators to determine other forms of financial assistance:
MLWGS students who request free lunch services related to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and/or Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF) from the Department of Social Services or be a member of a foster or group home or may be refugee children. These students would also be identified for financial assistance for fees, supplies, and other expenses and would receive such assistance.
A child’s eligibility is in effect for the current school year and up to one month of the subsequent school year. A new application is required annually to continue benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) WHILE THE SCHOOL IS CLOSED, WHAT FOOD SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE? Our participating divisions have unanimously agreed to support students in their home counties with the food services they are providing to other students.
2) MY CHILD’S FORMS WERE PROCESSED LAST YEAR. DO I NEED TO FILL OUT NEW ONES? Yes, you should complete a new set of forms each year.
3) MAY I APPLY IF SOMEONE IN MY HOUSEHOLD IS NOT A U.S. CITIZEN? Yes. You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to receive free meals.
4) MY FAMILY NEEDS MORE ASSISTANCE. ARE THERE OTHER PROGRAMS WE MIGHT APPLY FOR? To find out how to apply for Virginia SNAP or other assistance benefits, contact your local assistance office or call (855) 635-4370.
5) WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS? For clarification you should contact Dr. Lisa Williams (804) 354-6800 x2110, email@example.com. You also may ask for a hearing by calling or writing to Dr. Robert Lowerre (804) 354-6800 x2180, firstname.lastname@example.org.